- Which taxes are customary on Curacao?
- Transfer tax: You have to pay 4% transfer tax. This has to be paid with the deed of transport at the notary. This also applies to new build houses.
- Land tax: http://www.ozb.belastingdienst.cw/nl/tarieven/
- Are there tax benefits on Curacao?
- The advantageous tax on Curacao is known as the penshonado arrangement (this only applies for Dutch citizens). The income tax on the island is 10%. This can be compared with the top rate of 52% in the Netherlands. The succesion rights are also very interesting. The rate for inheritances and gifts is 6%, in comparing to the amount of 27% in the Netherlands. Of interest is that this favorable rate in donations after 12 months of entry applies. The rate of succession applies 1 day after entry.
- How do I qualify for the penshonado arrangement?
- You have to be a citizen of the Netherlands.
- Prior to the application you must have lived at least 60 months outside the Netherlands Antilles.
- You have to be 50 years of age or older.
- You must have a house for own use that is worth 450.000 Antillean Guilders (+/- 257.143,- US Dollars). This house has to be owned by you, 18 months after the registration in the population register.
- Where should I go for a mortgage if I want to buy a house on Curaçao?
- There are many banks housed on the island, such as Banco di Caribe, Maduro & Curiel's Bank and First Caribbian. International Fine Living has got a special relation with a few banks. For more information you can contact us.
- What is an apartment?
- An apartment is a home within a building with more residences. If you buy an apartment you buy the rights of a home in this building.
- What is a resort?
- A resort is a complex with apartments and houses on it. Most resorts are only available to the people who live there. The facilities on a resort are shared with all the apartment owners.
- The best time to buy an apartment?
- The best time to buy an apartment is in the start-up phase of the project. This is because in this phase you have the first pick and the prices are the lowest.
- How does the political system work on Curacao?
- Curaçao was part of The Netherlands Antilles, which in turn belongs to the Kingdom of The Netherlands. Since 2010 it is a country which is still part of the Dutch Kingdom. The government is a parliamentary democracy, based on aspects like freedom of association, the right to form political parties, freedom of the press and freedom of speech. The Netherlands Antilles (where curacao is part of) has two levels of governments. The first is the central governement (federal). This includes police, communications, taxation, public health, education, economic control, labor regristration, money and banking and establishment of enterprises. The second is the island governement. This government is responsible for the island affairs. The Island Government is responsible for the island territory affairs; it manages its own territorial affairs and has theernement is responsible for infrastructure, harbors, etc. and has the power to enact laws.
- Can you drink the tap water on Curacao?
- The drinkwater on Curacao is completely safe. It is pure and refreshing. The bacteriological composition is good and there is no cloride and just a little bit calcium in the water.
- What is the local currency on Curacao?
- Are there local banks who can give finance for buying real estate on Curacao?
- Yes, some local banks finance to non-residents for the purpose of buying real estate. Generally, the financing granted is between fifty percent (50%) and 70 percent (70%) of the value of the real estate property usually for a ten-year period, and at very competitive interest rates.
- What is the average temperature on Curacao?
- What is the average rainfall on Curacao?
- What are the average sun hours in a day on Curacao?
- Which kind of public transport does Curacao have?
- Is there a good airplane connection to Curacao?
- There are many airlines which are flying from and to Curacao. The airlines are flying from and to South America, North America and Europe.
- Are the any nature parks on Curacao?
- There are many different nature parks on Curacao. In the most you can enjoy organized sight seeing and safari trips. A few of these parks are Shete Boka, Christoffel Park and Den Dunki Nature Park.
- What are the most beautiful dive spots on Curacao?
- The waters around Curacao are famous for there beautiful dive spots. A few of these spots are Playa Kalki, Mushroom Forest & the Cave, Porto Marie, Superior Producer and Tugboat. In total there are more than 40 spots.
- How does the electricity on Curacao work?
- The electricity on Curacao is 127/120 VAC. On Curacao we use the same two-spronged flat plugs as in the United Sates.
- What are the best dining places on Curacao?
- There is a great variation in restaurants on Curacao. Curacao's restaurants run the range from elegant dining to roadside kiosks, with just about everything between. On the internet the restaurants are represented very well.
- What are most beautiful beaches on Curacao?
- Curacao is well known for its beautiful beaches. On the North site of the island you have beautiful beaches like Playa Kalki, Westpunt Beach, Knip Beach, Little Knip Beach, Playa Kenapa, Playa Jeremi, Port Marie and Cas Abao. On the South side on Curacao you have beautiful beaches like Hook's Hut, Kontiki Beach, Mambo Beach, Seaquarium Beach, Jan Thiel Beach, Caracas Baai and Barbara Beach.
- Some interesting links:
- Hotels / vacation
- Eden Rembrand Square Hotels.nl is dedicated to providing the best prices and the easiest and most accurate online bookings for hotels in Amsterdam and Holland.
- Dolphin Suites Curacao First design hotel in the Caribbean catering to all guests, including those with special needs. A project realised under the management of International Fine Living
- Tropical Breeze Apartments Curacao Beautiful apartments for holiday rental
- Hotel Machu Picchu Thousands of hotels to choose from in Peru! Discount rates and easy online booking.
- State With The Most Foreclosures We are passionate about helping our local and international members increase their wealth through quality education, resources and turn-key investment properties. We also bring qualified experts and successful investors to the network. Their experience and stories offer ideas and inspiration for everyone.
- Villa Libre From Curaçao, to St. Maarten, Anguilla and St. Barths - your dream vacation is about to start when you book one of their fabulous villas with private pool or luxury apartments on the beach or with sea view.
Real Estate on St Maarten: